Learn more about the risks facing companies today and tomorrow in our KNOWLEDGE & INSIGHTS CENTRE.
A trusted partner
We partner with each client to understand its objectives, identify and analyse its risks and custom-design a programme to support its business strategy. Our team has the skills and resources to guide clients through all phases of the programme from analysis to concept development to implementation and ongoing administration.
Highly customised, innovative programmes
At times, companies need to mitigate a substantial risk that is not addressed effectively in the traditional insurance or financial markets. AIG helps clients address these challenging exposures by providing highly customised, innovative programmes that apply insurance and/or capital market strategies. Our programmes can be designed for almost any exposure and are not limited to any particular class of risks.
- Large commercial companies
- Financial Institutions
- Multinational corporations
We can help companies that are:
- Requiring evidence of insurance for regulatory, disclosure, financing, marketing, trading, or counterparty needs
- Facing a specific problem for which there is no clear or viable risk transfer solution
- Encountering a situation where current market conditions or shifting underwriting capacity are limiting availability of risk transfer
- Planning a merger, acquisition, or divestiture in which difficult risks may be impeding the transaction
- Confronting significantly increased retentions or premiums
- Experiencing restricted coverage due to adverse industry claim trends
- Challenged with high attachment points due to poor loss experience or market conditions
- Blended Structures - A single policy combines client funding of expected losses and the utilisation of risk transfer above the funded layer.
- Customised Risk Transfer - Primary or excess risk transfer insurance policies are tailored to provide solutions for complex, unusual, or difficult to insure risks not currently addressed in the traditional insurance or financial markets.
- Buyouts - Customised programmes are designed to offset liabilities resulting from traditional insurance risks or unusual exposures.
The AIG Advantage
- Over 20 years of delivering non-traditional solutions to our clients’ unique risks, using innovative structured (re)insurance solutions
- A market leader providing non-traditional insurance and reinsurance solutions
- Unique deal team culture bringing together underwriters, actuaries, lawyers, accountants, credit officers, claims professionals and operational specialists
- Technical expertise to cover risks for which there is no conventional insurance market
- Ability to analyse complex and unique risks
- A history of partnering with clients to truly understand their business needs to provide innovative risk transfer and risk financing solutions
- For additional marketing materials, white papers, and alternative risk case studies, please visit www.aig.com/alternativerisksolutions