THIS AIG CLIENT PORTAL IS OPENED TO EXISTING POLICYOWNERS AND CAN BE USED TO SUBMIT RESPECTIVE POLICYOWNER SERVICE REQUEST ONLINE. PLEASE READ THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY OF THEM, PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS ANY PART OF THIS AIG CLIENT PORTAL.
By using or accessing any part of AIG Client Portal, you confirm you have read and agreed to the following:
1. AIG Client Portal
By using the AIG Client Portal, the User acknowledges his/her assent to the Terms and Conditions of use without limitation or qualification and the User agrees to unconditionally accept these Terms and Conditions which may be revised and/or amended from time to time by AIG without prior notice. The use by the User of this AIG Client Portal shall constitute his/her agreement to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
AIG has the right in its sole discretion to determine and vary from time to time the scope and type of services to be made available including, without limitation : -
1. Imposing, altering and varying any restrictions to any or all Users on the use of this AIG Client Portal;
2. expanding, modifying, reducing, suspending or discontinuing the whole or part of this AIG Client Portal at any time; and
3. prescribing and changing the normal service hours during which any part of AIG Client Portal are available.
2. User Name and Personal Identification Number
1. The User shall act in good faith, exercise reasonable care and diligence in keeping the Login Email Address (the 'ID') and the PIN (and any subsequently changed PIN) in secrecy and in safe custody. The User should, and may be requested to, change the PIN from time to time for security reason, and he/she should not use the same PIN that has been used before. At no time and under no circumstances shall the User disclose the ID and/or PIN to any other person. The User must not allow anyone else to operate the AIG Client Portal on his/her behalf.
2. The User shall be fully responsible for any accidental or unauthorized disclosure of the ID and /or PIN to any other person and shall solely bear the risks of the ID and/or PIN being used or misused by unauthorized persons or for unauthorized purposes. Any access to AIG Client Portal with the ID and PIN of the User shall be deemed the use of the AIG Client Portal by the User, and the User agrees that the use of ID and PIN is adequate identification. AIG shall accordingly be entitled to act on instructions without obtaining any further written or other confirmation from the User, even if those instructions are not actually given or authorized by the User.
3. Upon notice or suspicion of the ID and / or the PIN being disclosed to any unauthorized person or any unauthorized use of AIG Client Portal being made, the User shall notify AIG in person as soon as practicable or by telephone at such telephone number(s) as AIG may from time to time prescribe (and AIG may ask the User to confirm in writing any details given) and, until AIG’s actual receipt of such notification, the User shall remain responsible for any and all use of AIG Client Portal by unauthorized persons or for unauthorized purposes.
4. The User shall be liable for whatever transactions including the fees and charges (if applicable), as the case may be, for such transaction for which his/her ID and PIN have been used. AIG shall be under no obligation whatsoever to investigate or verify the authority of persons using his ID and PIN.
1. The User is required to quote the ID and PIN in order to log-on to AIG Client Portal and give instructions to AIG online. Instructions in connection with AIG Client Portal shall not be considered to be received by AIG unless they are given in such manner as AIG may prescribe from time to time and until AIG has actually received them.
2. All instructions received by AIG in connection with AIG Client Portal on or before the specified cutoff time on each day other than a Saturday or a Sunday or public holiday on which registered banks are open for transaction of business in Hong Kong("Business Day") will be accepted on the same day and normally processed on the following Business Day.
3. If an instruction is received on a day which is not a Business Day or is received by AIG after the cutoff time, it will be treated as having been received on the succeeding Business Day.
4. All instructions, as understood and acted on by AIG in good faith, shall be irrevocable and binding on the User whether given by the User or by any other person. AIG shall have no obligations or duty to verify the authenticity of any instruction or the identity or authority of any person giving such instruction, other than to verify the ID and the PIN used to gain access to AIG Client Portal.
5. Information relating to any transaction made available on AIG Client Portal is for reference only. AIG's records of such instruction shall be deemed conclusive unless and until the contrary is established.
6. AIG shall not be liable for any delay or refusal in processing any instruction.
7. AIG will only act on an instruction insofar as it is in AIG’s opinion lawful, practicable and reasonable to do so and in accordance with its regular business practices and procedures and the terms and conditions of the listed policy and/ or member account.
8. The User is solely responsible for ensuring the accuracy, adequacy and completeness of all instructions given by him/her via AIG Client Portal. AIG is not obliged to verify the accuracy, adequacy and completeness of the User’s instructions.
9. AIG Client Portal can be accessed through the internet, a public system over which AIG has no control. The User must take all reasonably practicable measure to ensure that any computer or device from which he/she uses to access to AIG Client Portal is free of any computer virus or similar device or software, including, without limitation, devices commonly known as software bombs, Trojan horses and worms (together "Viruses") and is adequately maintained in every way.
4. Confirmation, and Other Correspondence
Confirmation, and other correspondence including but not limited to statement and notice will be sent by AIG manually or electronically at User’s own risk to the specified address (postal or e-mail) or number as soon as reasonably practicable, the manner of delivery being at AIG’s absolute discretion. It is the duty of the User to check the details as contained in the confirmation and other correspondence, and if the User becomes aware of any error or unauthorized transaction, he/she must notify AIG within a reasonable time after he/she receives them.
5. Liabilities of AIG
1. AIG does not warrant that the AIG Client Portal or the functions contained in it will be uninterrupted or error free, that any defects therein will be corrected, or that the AIG Client Portal or the tools that make it available are free from Viruses or other harmful components. AIG does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the AIG Client Portal in terms of its correctness, accuracy, reliability or otherwise. AIG does not assume, and hereby disclaims, any liability or responsibility to the User or any other person whatsoever for the consequences arising from or in connection with:-
2. any interruption, interception, suspension, delay, loss, unavailability, mutilation or other failure in providing AIG Client Portal, in transmitting instructions or information relating to AIG Client Portal or in connecting with the Mobile Application caused by any acts, errors, omissions or circumstances including, without limitation, failure of any communication network, act, error or omission of any third party service providers, mechanical failure, power failure, malfunction, breakdown, or inadequacy of equipment, installation or facilities, or any law, rules, regulations, codes, directions, regulatory guidelines or government order (whether or not having the force of law); and
3. any transmission and/or storage of any information and/or data relating to the User, AIG Client Portal and/or instructions conducted by the User pursuant to AIG Client Portal through or in any system, equipment or instrument of any communication network provider.
4. Viruses that may infect the User’s and any other person’s computer equipment, electronic device or other property or equipment as a result of the User’s access to AIG Client Portal or the User’s downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from this application to any of the User’s and any other person’s devices.
5. any incompatibility between the system used by the User (which includes, without limitation, computer and software) and AIG Client Portal.
6. any delay, error, omission and/or refusal by AIG to carry out and/or continue any instruction placed by the User through AIG Client Portal.
7. any loss or damage to User as a result of the User’s instructions being inaccurate, inadequate or incomplete.
8. In no event shall AIG be liable to the User or any other person for any incidental, indirect, general, special, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages including, without limitation, any loss of use, business, revenue, earnings, profits or savings that result from the use by the User or any other person of, or the inability to use, the AIG Client Portal (whether foreseeable or not), even if AIG or an AIG authorized representative has been advised of the possibility of such damage.
6. User’s Undertakings and Responsibilities
1. The User shall provide such information as AIG may from time to time reasonably request for the purposes of providing AIG Client Portal
2. The User shall not, and shall not attempt to decompile, reverse-engineer , translate, convert, adapt, alter, modify, vary, enhance, add to, delete or in any way tamper with, or gain access to, any part of AIG Client Portal or Mobile Application or any software comprised in them.
7. Intellectual Property Rights
All trademarks, services marks, trade names, logos, patents (including utility models), design rights, chip topographies, technical information, graphical user interface, domain names, database rights, rights in know-how, new inventions, designs or processes, icons and other intellectual property rights of whatever nature and wherever arising, whether now known or hereafter created and in each case whether registered or unregistered and including applications for the grant of any such rights (together “Intellectual Property Rights”) in the AIG Client Portal are owned by or licensed to AIG. Other than as expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions and except as permitted by applicable law, nothing contained in the AIG Client Portal should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any of AIG’s Intellectual Property Rights in the AIG Client Portal without the prior written permission of AIG. The use of the AIG Client Portal by the User is strictly limited for his/her access to the Internet and not otherwise. The User shall not use any trademarks or logos of AIG without AIG’s prior written permission.
To the extent that any software or application is made available or provided to the User on or through the AIG Client Portal, AIG grants the User a non-exclusive, limited and personal licence to download, install and use the software and/or the application for the User’s own personal, non-commercial use in Hong Kong and/or Macau only (as the case may be). No other rights to the software and/or the application are granted. All Intellectual Property Rights in the software, the application and/or the AIG Client Portal remain the property of AIG or the relevant licensors or owners of the software or application, and, except as permitted by law, the User may not reverse engineer, decompile, modify or tamper with the software.
8. Legal and Tax Implications
Each User is responsible for making his/her own decisions and for obtaining his/her own independent advice on all relevant laws and tax in the countries of his/her citizenship, residence or domicile and other professional advice in connection with any transaction.
9. Risk Disclosure Statement
There is an inherent risk that any change request made by the User may cause loss/change in the policy’s protection, right, benefit or value.
AIG may revise these Terms and Conditions and/or introduce additional terms and conditions at any time on notice to the User by positing it on Mobile Application or other means as AIG thinks fit, and such revision or amendment shall be binding on the User if the User continues to maintain or use AIG Client Portal on or after the effective date of the variation.
11. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the laws of Hong Kong SAR if the policy/account is issued/opened in Hong Kong, and the laws of Macau SAR if the policy/account is issued/ opened in Macau. For the policy/account which is issued/opened in Hong Kong, the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of Courts of Hong Kong SAR. For the policy/account which is issued/opened in Macau, the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Macau.
1. In the event of any ambiguity or inconsistency between the English and Chinese versions of these Terms & Conditions, the English version will control and prevail
2. Words importing the singular shall include the plural and vice versa.
3. Headings are inserted for ease of reference only, save where referred to otherwise, and shall not form a part of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
4. If any one or part of the terms and conditions herein proves to be legally unsound or unenforceable in any way, this will not affect the validity of the remaining terms and conditions.
5. AIG believes that the terms and conditions for AIG Client Portal are fair and reasonable. If any one or part of them proves to be not legally valid because it is unfair or for any other reason, AIG is entitled to treat that term as changed in a way that makes it fair and valid.