A new outbreak of pneumonia was first seen in early December 2019 in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China. On 7 January 2020, this outbreak was identified as being caused by novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV). On 30 January, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared a global health emergency.
Following public announcements made by respective government bodies and alerts issued by the World Health Organization regarding the Novel Coronavirus Outbreak (“Incident”), AIG Hong Kong is treating this Incident as a known risk, effective from HK time 18:00 29 Jan 2020 (“*Cutoff time”).
Claims arising from the Incident may NOT be covered unless the policy was purchased, and the trip arranged, before the Cutoff time.
For instance, subject to **terms and conditions of policy wordings, you will be covered if your Single trip Travel Insurance is purchased before the Cutoff time, or for an Annual Travel policy if your trip is arranged before the Cutoff time.
*Cutoff time for traveling to/from Wuhan is HK time 03:00 23 Jan 2020.
**Terms and Conditions may differ by products; please refer to policy wordings for more details.
Since the Hong Kong government has issued mandatory quarantine requirement for all arriving in Hong Kong from the Mainland China which is effective from Feb 8th, 2020, please kindly note:
For the trips to Mainland China, all travel claims (including but not limited to medical expenses, medical emergency evacuations, hospital income, repatriation of remains and compassionate death cash) arising from novel coronavirus may NOT be covered, subject to the policy terms and conditions.
· AIG Hong Kong is monitoring the present situation and will provide further update(s), should the position change.
· This position statement only remains applicable as long as the present circumstances prevail.
Tips for Travel insurance policyholders:
· Policy Enquiries & Confirmation - If you need to confirm your policy details, please call AIG Hong Kong’s Travel Insurance Hotline at 3666-7022 during business hours (Monday to Friday, 09:00-17:30, excluding public holidays).
· If you have any relevant symptoms, please call our emergency assistance hotline +852 3516-8699 (AIG Travel Asia Pacific) for consultation, and we may offer you with professional guidance for seeking medical support.
· Monitor Center for Health Protection’s website for any Health Notice https://www.chp.gov.hk/
Thank you for choosing AIG.
AIG Insurance Hong Kong Limited.