We understand you are in urgent for getting help !
Please spend few minutes & follow below simple steps to submit claim to AIG for getting the shortest processing time.#
#This note is for your guidance only and does not vary the terms of the Policy or form part thereof.
In the event of any occurrence which may give rise to a claim under this Policy, written notice of claim must be given to us immediately after the occurrence, together with all relevant documents. If you are unsure, you should still notify us of the occurrence.
Please also note the important timeline for conduct of proceedings to be taken by yourself, when appliable.
The documents listed below are not exhaustive and we may request from you any additional information/documentation, as necessary. The submission of an incomplete form or insufficient information or supporting documents may delay the processing or result in the denial of your claim.
By preparing required documents, our team can proceed your claim without additional processing time due to insufficient information / support documents.
Please select the type of claim below, and we will let you know what documents are required for your submission.
1. ORIGINAL receipt(s) for payment of legal expenses and costs incurred in recovering outstanding rent or possession of the Insured Premises
You may sue in person (i.e. filing an Application/a claim without appointing a solicitor) in The Lands Tribunal / Small Claims Tribunal /other appropriate forum
Instruct a solicitor from our nominated legal panel to commence legal proceedings against the tenant on your behalf to recover the Rent in arrears or regain possession of the Insured Premises
1. Duly stamped tenancy agreement for the Insured Premises. For mid-term purchase, please provide full and complete record of rental receipts from Tenant
2. Documentary proof for loss of rent
Legal proceedings against the tenant should be commenced WITHIN 14 days of the date on which the outstanding rent exceeds the deposit amount
1. Detailed inventory of the damaged property and its condition
2. Incident report or letter issued by your building manager certifying the location and the cause of the loss
3. ORIGINAL purchase receipt(s) of the damaged property
4. An estimate of repair costs. (It should be submitted and approved by AIG Claims Department before making any repair)
5. Color photos of the damage(s)
Because an on-site survey may be required, DO NOT dispose of any damaged items. The disposal of damaged items without AIG's authorization may result in rejection of your claim
1. Incident report or letter issued by your building manager certifying the location and the cause of the loss
2. Details of the involved Third Party(ies) including:-
i). Name of Third Party(ies) and details of damage/injury
ii). Telephone Number
3. Name and Telephone Number of witness(es) (if any)
4. Color photos of the damage(s)/the incident scene
5. Police report, if any
- NO admission, offer, promise, payment or indemnity shall be made, given or agreed by or on behalf of the Insured without AIG written consent
- Summons, police letter or any formulated claim or correspondence from third party, must be forwarded to AIG IMMEDIATELY for handling. DO NOT acknowledge or respond.
Upon your claim submission, you will receive an acknowledgment SMS and/or email within 2 working days for your first claim submission. At same time, your claim will be processed and our claims adjuster will help you throughout the entire process.
If you have any enquires regarding the status of your submitted claim or claimed benefit, please feel free to contact our Customer Service Hotline on +852 3666 7033, Mondays to Fridays 9:00am to 5:30pm (except public holidays), or contact your insurance agent or broker.
Available Payment Methods
*Faster Payment System (FPS) is only applicable for claims payment amount under HKD5,000
Yes, you must commence legal proceedings against the Tenant within 14 days of the date on which the outstanding Rent exceeds the Deposit amount.
No, you must have a duly stamped written Tenancy Agreement with the Tenant that complies with all the requirements of Hong Kong legislation and statutory instrument.
Normally we do not have policy excess under the Owners’ Liability Policy. However, different policies have different terms and conditions. If the claim is covered under the policy, we will pay the claimant's cost and disbursements and our own defence costs and expenses. You should check the details of your policy to determine the actual coverage provided under your policy.
- This note is for your guidance only and does not vary the terms of the Policy or form part thereof. AIG reserves the right to amend these requirements or seek additional information to support each claim.
- HKFI Insurance Fraud Prevention Claims Database (IFPCD) details